1. For some reason, there was less of a stigma to going to a Playboy club back to see the Playboy bunnies in the 1960s. A fellow like the one above could take his wife there without the slightest sense of self-consciousness.
3. Matthew Saad Muhmmad, world light heavyweight champion (before he was found homeless in Philadelphia decades later).
4. Best Bar-Mitzvah ever.
5. Listen to the piano man, get some shrimp at the buffet, and a cocktail. The Playboy Club was livin’ the dream in the early 1960s.
11. Sinatra – the all-time ultimate player. Only Elvis and Lee Majors come close (see Six Million Dollar Stud: Lee Majors, Ladies’ Man in Chief).
12. I think he’s lost his place on the page. Focus, brother. Focus!
13. There are good days and there are bad days. I feel pretty confident in saying, for this gentleman, this was one of the good days.
14. Notice the bunny ears in their pockets – these are Key Members at the Playboy Club.
15. Soupy Sales having a smoke, another drink and good look.
16. Don’t feel too sorry for the barkeep, alone in the background. We should all be so lucky to have his job.
17. Rock Hudson. We should have known he was gay – the way he makes perfect eye contact.
18. Everything I’ve been told is a lie – money does by happiness.
19. The hostesses are nice, but these guys come for the all you can eat chicken wings.
20. The look on the face of the man on the left: this is the “nirvana” the ancient mystics told us about.
21.-22. Fact: At one time there were 25,000 Bunnies and over a million Keyholders!
At one point, The Playboy Casinos became the primary source of income for the Playboy empire – over the magazine itself. In fact, the 45 Park Lane Playboy Casino was the most successful casino in the world at one time.
23. Doesn’t appear to be the real deal – maybe a private party. But then, even the real Playboy club was an imitation of Chicago’s Gas Light Clubs of the 1950’s.
24. The pay wasn’t the best for the coat check attendant at the Playboy Club, but the benefits were outstanding.
And by benefits I mean insurance and 401K. What did you think I meant?
25. Liberace – clearly not in his element.
26. A young couple on a date. I don’t think the boy was much of a conversationalist that evening.
27. Another couple on a Playboy Club date. Thankfully, this fellow isn’t as gobsmacked by the scenery.
28. Words fail me.
29. Another legendary Bar-Mitzvah.
30. It wouldn’t be right to have a list of guys and bunnies and not include one of the man behind it all. I raise my glass. Salute!
Would you like to support Flashbak?
Please consider making a donation to our site. We don't want to rely on ads to bring you the best of visual culture. You can also support us by signing up to our Mailing List. And you can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For great art and culture delivered to your door, visit our shop.