It’s time to forget that Prius or minivan parked in your driveway and drift back to the good old days of muscle cars and shaggin’ wagons. Here’s a definitive list of the greatest cars, trucks and vans of vintage television as determined by yours truly.
Please note that this isn’t a list of the cars we’d most like to own. These are favorite vehicles that were awesome each in their own way. Thus, the Trans Am from Knight Rider and Fred Sanford’s pickup both make the list. Also, don’t get hung up on the order – the numerical placement is haphazard at best. But please contribute your own favorites in a comment. I’d love to hear of any glaring omissions. Enjoy!
7. The Sunbeam Tiger on Get Smart
8. The Monkee Mobile
9. The Packard-Darrin 180 from Banacek
10. The 1950 Mercury pickup on Sanford & Son
11. The Bradymobile station wagon
12. The Mystery Machine on Scooby Doo
13. The Gran Torino from Starsky & Hutch
16. The 1974 Firebird Esprit from The Rockford Files
17. Emma Peale’s Lotus Elan from The Avengers
18. Dragula (another one from The Munsters)
19. Major Nelson’s GTO from I Dream of Jeannie
20. The Batmobile
39. The customized Piranha from The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
40. Mannix’s Roadster
41. Dobie Gillis’ tricked-out hot rod
42. Rooster’s pimpmobile from Baretta
43. Paul Lynde’s 1970 Caprice Convertible in The Paul Lynde Show.
44. The 1972 Dodge “Squad 51” from Emergency!
45. The 1928 Porter from My Mother the Car
46. The Thunderbolt Grease Slapper from Tom Slick
47. Cunningham’s DeSoto from Happy Days.
48. Karl Malden’s and Michael Douglas’s 1973 Ford Galaxie 500 from Streets of San Francisco
49. Ralph Malph’s T-Roadster pickup from Happy Days
50. The Model T pickup from The Beverly Hillbillies