Looking for something different this Valentine’s Day?
Well, there are plenty of options available.
You could take the special lady in your life to Hooters for a slap-up meal…
Or have a more traditional tête à tête while enjoying one of McDonalds’ ever-popular candlelit dinners…
Or perhaps you want to make a more meaningful gesture, and show your long-term commitment by making arrangements for her special day…
Whatever you decide to do, it is important to get things off on the right note by choosing the right Valentine’s card.
This year’s runaway success is the Asda ‘Smart Price’ range – yours for a very reasonable seven pence (including smart red envelope).
But maybe you are looking for something a bit more unusual. Something that marks you out from the crowd and reflects your own personality. In which case, why not opt for something from a simpler and more innocent age?
Here, for your consideration, is Anorak’s Top Ten Vintage Valentine Cards.
They say more about you than flowers ever can…
10. Form an orderly queue, fellas, there’s plenty to go round!
9. Hi, I’ve just finished with my previous girlfriend!
8. For the special vegan in your life.
7. With my heart of gold, head of air, and incipient elephantiasis, I’ll never forget my special Valentine!
6. Open wide, and I’ll soon be feeling better!
5. Honey I’m home!… Honey!… Honey?
4. A can-do attitude will soon iron our any wrinkles.
3. I was going to get you that tattoo you wanted, but I’ve had an even better idea!
2. “Do you think this handkerchief smells of chloroform?”
Would you like to support Flashbak?
Please consider making a donation to our site. We don't want to rely on ads to bring you the best of visual culture. You can also support us by signing up to our Mailing List. And you can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For great art and culture delivered to your door, visit our shop.