This segment of Laura Ashley wallpaper has a repeat print of David Bowie’s portrait of Lucian Freud.
It was included in Antennae #1, the limited edition box made available at the War Child fashion event Pagan Fun Wear, which was held at London’s Saatchi Gallery – then in St John’s Wood – on Midsummer’s Eve 1995.
The box contained:
– Warchild, acrylic on paper, a unique spin painting by Damien Hirst, signed and numbered in blue ink on the reverse Hirst 210/250, stamped and timed War Child 95 Jun 21 19:00 — 5¾x3¾in. (15×9.5cm.)
– A one-off polaroid taken by Anton Corbijn of two guests at the event, the parchment cover with printed signature — 4¼x2½in. (11×6.5cm.)
– A sample of wallpaper designed by David Bowie for Laura Ashley — 6x4in. (15x10cm.)
– An unreleased compilation CD produced by Brian Eno for the soundtrack to the fashion show at the event, printed Antennae #1, featuring tracks by Tricky, Portishead, and Massive Attack v. the Mad Professor
– An antennae #1 Instruction Manual housed in a white cardboard box hand sprayed by Brian Eno – 9¼x6¾x1½in. (23.5x17x4cm.)
Here is Brian Eno’s introduction to Antennae with instructions as to what to do with the wallpaper and the rest of the contents of the box: